The Palazzo Capponi Barocchi or Palazzo Coverelli as it
appears in some historic documents, is a bit of a mystery.
There was never an indication of a family named Coverelli
and some form of the building did exist before the fifteenth
century as it was sold to the Niccolò Capponi family by
Domenico di Bernaba degli Agli during the mid 1400’s. It is with
extreme difficulty the history of the palazzo has been recorded.